SENIOR ADVISOR (Temporary)
Health Care For All (HCFA) is a state-based consumer health advocacy organization founded in 1985. HCFA’s mission is to advocate for health justice in Massachusetts by working to promote health equity and ensure coverage and access for all. The organization is recognized as a national leader in its work.
HCFA uses three strategies to conduct its work: direct service, community engagement, and policy and advocacy campaigns. HCFA helps tens of thousands of individuals and families enroll in and renew their health insurance coverage each year and troubleshoot health coverage issues through a unique, multi-lingual consumer assistance HelpLine. HCFA staff are also in the community conducting outreach work, education efforts and supporting individuals to share their stories and play a role in policy change. HCFA uses the insights from HelpLine callers and community residents to shape the organization’s advocacy agenda. HCFA works to expand health care access to everyone in the state and bring down health care costs in Massachusetts through its leadership of and participation in numerous policy advocacy coalitions. These coalitions bring together a wide variety of organizations to work collaboratively to make meaningful health policy changes. By uniting diverse constituencies, HCFA is able to magnify its policy reach on many fronts.
The organization’s achievements include leading Massachusetts health reform efforts, including legislation in 2006 that was the blueprint for the Affordable Care Act. Today, HCFA is leading the campaigns and coalitions necessary to improve health care access and affordability, as well as address the many inequities in our current health care system.
For more information, please visit www.hcfama.org.
HCFA’s office is centrally located in downtown Boston. HCFA is working in a hybrid environment where most staff are in the office three days a week and at home for two days. As it becomes safe to do so, this position may include travel outside of the home to surrounding communities and towns depending on the relevant work. All COVID-19 safety protocols will be followed and PPP is provided by HCFA.
HCFA requires all employees to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to enter the office space. As of January 14, 2022, “fully vaccinated” means those that are eligible per CDC guidance have also received a COVID-19 booster shot.
HCFA is seeking an experienced Senior Advisor to join the organization on a short-term (12+ months) basis to work on unique and critically-important campaigns that will focus on the development and implementation of community-led interventions to prevent and address a variety of intersecting public health issues, including vaccinations, throughout Massachusetts. As part of this effort, HCFA will be supporting community-led interventions to address intersecting public health issues and the infrastructure, staffing and sub-granting that will make identified interventions possible. A key strategy of these campaigns will include sub granting to agencies and nonprofit organizations led by Black, Indigenous, People of (BIPOC) in order to enhance organizational capacity to receive future state funding and to implement culturally responsive interventions.
The Senior Advisor reports to the Director of Communications and & Immigrant Health.
- Collaborate with the Director of Communication and & Immigrant Health, the Executive Director as well as other members of the HCFA team to provide overall support to the campaigns
- Serve in a consultative role to the HCFA team, advising leadership on the best way to achieve strategic objectives
- Oversee all campaign messaging, strategy and work flows
- Launch and implement the grant making program, including the creation and deployment of proposals, the execution of grant agreements and the building of monthly reporting and technical assistance programs
- Analyze and provide advice on the strategy and deployment of campaign activities
- Provide training and mentorship to HCFA team members as-needed to enhance their success and impact
- Analyze campaign targets and workflows while presenting opportunities for efficiency improvement
- Contribute to the development of team/unit metrics, dashboards and roadmaps, as needed
- Assist with reporting needs regarding the communications components of the campaign, as applicable
- Work closely with HCFA’s team to ensure strong relationship management
- Oversee the related contractual relationships, in collaboration with the Chief Operating Officer, with marketing, printing and technical assistance firm/s involved in the campaign
- Coordinate with HCFA’s management on the design and utilization of testing tools to inform campaign marketing and strategy, as needed
- 10+ years in a senior strategy, communications and/or non-profit management setting
- Excellent and strategic interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of community engagement strategies strongly preferred
- High level of discretion and a creative approach to problem solving
- Experience motivating and working with high-performing teams and senior executives
- General business and/or non-profit acumen with proven ability to identify value-add opportunities
- Strong background in non-profit communications and marketing a plus
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to deal calmly in crisis situations and work effectively in a team environment
- Prior knowledge of health care policy in Massachusetts is a plus, but not required
- Prior knowledge of the public health insurance programs, policy and the health care environment in Massachusetts is a plus, but not required
BENEFITS & SALARY RANGE
- Salary range: $90,000 – $95,000
- Generous paid time off policy
- Robust benefits package
- Convenient downtown Boston location
Health Care for All is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status or any other legally protected status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive work environment where all team members are encouraged to be their authentic and whole selves.