Policy and Project Coordinator
Health Care For All (HCFA) is a state-based consumer health advocacy organization founded in 1985. HCFA’s mission is to advocate for health justice in Massachusetts by working to promote health equity and ensure coverage and access for all. The organization is recognized as a national leader in its work.
HCFA focuses on expanding health care access, improving quality, and bringing down health care costs in Massachusetts through its leadership of and participation in numerous policy advocacy coalitions. These coalitions bring together a wide variety of organizations to work collaboratively to make meaningful health policy changes. By uniting diverse constituencies, HCFA is able to magnify its policy reach on many fronts. HCFA also helps thousands of individuals and families each year to enroll in and renew their health insurance and troubleshoot health coverage issues through a unique, multi-lingual consumer assistance HelpLine. HCFA uses the health care access barriers that HelpLine callers report to inform a state-level health advocacy agenda.
The organization’s achievements include leading four waves of broad Massachusetts health reform, including legislation in 2006 that was the precursor for the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Legislation in 2012 resulted in the nation’s first comprehensive law aimed at controlling health care cost growth through adoption of alternative payment methodologies; care coordination; and investments in technology, wellness and prevention. Today, HCFA is leading the campaigns and coalitions necessary to defend the progress that has been made in health care access and affordability, while simultaneously focusing on improvements that can be made at the state level to address health equity.
For more information, please visit www.hcfama.org.
The Policy and Project Coordinator provides critical policy analysis and research, advocacy, coalition coordination, grassroots organizing, event planning, and overall administrative support for HCFA’s priority issues and campaigns. This role includes a focus on organizing and engaging statewide coalitions representing various constituencies, such as consumer advocates, community organizations, health care professionals, academics and insurers to promote campaign success.
This position will include some local travel outside of the office to surrounding communities and neighborhoods depending on the relevant coalition and campaign work.
· Support the tracking of legislation and budget priorities, coordination of State House drops, drafting of written testimony, and organizing and preparing for public hearings
· Produce reports, fact sheets, action alerts, blog posts, talking points, and other written materials as needed in coordination with the policy team
· Conduct and document research to support HCFA and coalition advocacy
· Expand, activate and convene coalition membership to promote HCFA’s campaign(s)
· Educate diverse communities about HCFA’s campaigns and issue areas and provide coalition partners with advocacy knowledge, resources and other tools
· Manage coalition member lists, assist with communications to coalition members and maintain ongoing communication and engagement
· Provide logistical support for campaign and coalition meetings
· Coordinate with HCFA’s HelpLine, organizing and outreach staff on efforts to collect and record consumer stories that can be helpful to campaigns and the media
· Play a key role in planning events, including State House advocacy days, press conferences and other public events
· Represent HCFA at external meetings, as needed
· Facilitate coordination and collaboration with other HCFA coalitions and departments
· Provide grant proposal and report writing support to meet campaign and project goals and timelines
· Partner with policy director to participate in local and national conferences
· Other duties as assigned
This position will be supervised by the Co-Director of Policy and Government Relations.
· At least 2 years of related experience, and experience in a nonprofit setting a plus
· Experience working in health care policy, politics or a related field
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to write and converse proficiently in a language in addition to English a plus
· Highly organized and strategic with the ability to manage multiple priorities with poise and professionalism
· Excellent attention to details and accuracy
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team, as well as be self-motivated
· Proven time management and multi-tasking capabilities
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
· Commitment to health care access and social justice
· Experience working with a dynamic and diverse team of colleagues within a rapidly moving landscape
· A sense of humor
BENEFITS & SALARY RANGE
· Annual Salary Range: $50,000 – $56,000
· Generous paid time off policy
· Robust benefits package
Health Care For All is an equal opportunity employer. Persons of color, women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter summarizing their interest in and qualifications for the position to email@example.com. Please put “Policy and Project Coordinator” in the subject line.
Be a health
Support the work of Health Care For All by making a donation today. Your investment enables Health Care For All to help families get the health coverage they need so they can lead healthy lives.