Oral Health Project Manager
Founded in 1985, Health Care For All (HCFA) is one of the most important state-based consumer health advocacy organizations in the country. HCFA’s mission is to promote health justice by working to reduce disparities and ensure coverage and access for all.
HCFA works to expand health care access, improve quality and control costs in Massachusetts through its sponsorship of numerous policy advocacy coalitions. These coalitions bring together a wide variety of organizations to work in concert to make health care changes. By uniting diverse constituencies, HCFA is able to magnify its policy reach on many fronts. HCFA also helps thousands of individuals enroll in and renew their health coverage each year through our consumer assistance HelpLine. We use the health care access barriers that HelpLine callers report to inform our state-level health advocacy agenda.
The organization’s achievements include leading four waves of broad Massachusetts health reform, including legislation in 2006 that was the precursor for the Affordable Care Act. The latest legislation in 2012 resulted in the nation’s first comprehensive law aimed at controlling health care cost growth through the adoption of alternative payment methodologies, care coordination, and investments in technology, wellness, and prevention.
Today HCFA is taking a leadership role once again in the campaigns that will be necessary to defend the progress we have made in health care access, quality, and affordability. For more information, please visit www.hcfama.org.
The Oral Health Integration Project is an initiative at HCFA that seeks to advance the integration of dental services into medical care delivery in Massachusetts. The project is part of a multi-year effort to improve lifelong oral health and reduce dental disease in children by building a network of stakeholders committed to shifting attitudes toward oral health. HCFA’s Oral Health Integration Project seeks to address these priorities in close collaboration with targeted stakeholders including providers, insurers, advocates, and health care consumers.
The Oral Health Project Manager is a grant-funded position that oversees the development and implementation of broad-based advocacy campaigns dedicated to the integration of dental care into medical care. This experienced health policy professional will be tasked with shaping ambitious efforts aimed at restructuring and improving oral health care delivery in Massachusetts.
The individual will conduct policy analysis, drive advocacy, and lead coalitions. This role will manage areas of work that include project management, strategy development, and serving as the public face of HCFA’s innovative oral health reform campaign. Working closely with policy, research, and communications staff, the Oral Health Project Manager works towards established goals and deliverables in collaboration with key stakeholders and policy makers.
- Lead HCFA’s oral health portfolio and provide overall strategic and operational direction to each of the following projects: Oral Health Integration Project, Improving Oral Health Access for Older Adults and the Dental Therapy Project
- Build and manage HCFA’s Oral Health Advocacy Taskforce (OHAT). Foster member engagement and shape the direction of the state-wide coalition
- Work closely with and guide HCFA’s Project and Policy Coordinator responsible for oral health projects
- Lead structured and systematic engagement of stakeholders representing every sector of the oral health care system
- Facilitate the development of a long-term vision and coalition branding and communications strategy
- Facilitate the creation of a multi-year, legislative and regulatory advocacy plan
- Work with HCFA’s Communications Director to plan and implement a public communications strategies for all of HCFA’s Oral Health projects
- Manage the ongoing monitoring, evaluation, and continuous improvement of the projects’ strategy and approach
- Lead the writing of reports and relevant grants in collaboration with Development staff, as well as track progress of project deliverables and deadlines
- Identify opportunities to share lessons learned and amplify success through existing national networks and conferences
- Other strategic responsibilities as assigned
The Oral Health Project Manager is supervised by the Co-Director of Government Relations and Policy.
- Bachelors’ degree plus 3 years of relevant experience in oral health practice and policy, or 5 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of public health programs including Medicaid/MassHealth, as well as health care delivery system reform efforts
- Experience managing broad coalitions of stakeholders and driving consensus around a common mission and vision
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time and to respond to tight timelines and operate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, including persuasive writing, working with the media, public speaking, and training
- Ability to grasp and analyze complex health policy and political information, and make strategic decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills, a track record of following through to achieve results, and the ability to manage many tasks simultaneously
- Strong leadership, relationship development, collaborative, and team-building skills
- Commitment to organizational mission including issues relating to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Clinical experience as a dental health professional (DMD, DDS, RDH), preferably in Massachusetts
- Experience planning and running issue/public policy campaigns including mobilizing disparate stakeholders and grassroots organizing
BENEFITS & SALARY RANGE
Salary range: $60,000 – $66,000
Generous paid time off policy
Robust benefits package
Health Care For All is an equal opportunity employer. Persons of color, women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter summarizing their interest in and qualifications for the position. Please put “Oral Health Project Manager” in the subject line.
Be a health
Support the work of Health Care For All by making a donation today. Your investment enables Health Care For All to help families get the health coverage they need so they can lead healthy lives.